I’m pretty sure that shiny, chrome diamond plate is the universal symbol for “Dude”… at least it is in my midwestern neck of the woods. This card utilizes a word die with its shadow, a diamond plate embossing folder, and the ever popular silver holographic card stock I’m addicted to lately. You could use almost any sentiment with the Dude die to fit any occasion. A complete supply list is below the video.
You can watch the process video below. If you enjoyed this tutorial and would like to see more, please visit and subscribe to my YouTube channel here: LadyMichelleCreates.
If you haven’t already, when you’re visiting my Youtube channel, be sure to subscribe and click the notification bell so you’ll know every time I upload a video. Thanks!
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 manual die cutting machine
- Black card stock – Black Onyx
- Craft Perfect – Silver Service card stock pack
- A2 Layers die set
- Dude die set
- Retractable Craft Pick tool
- Neenah Classic Crest 110# card stock (125 sheets) (card base & die cut)
- Neenah Classic Crest 110# card stock (25 sheets) (card base & die cut)
- Sentiment Strips Birthdays – Send Happiness
- Sentiment Labels die set
- Purple Tape – ½”, 1”, 1½” (low tack)
- Art Glitter liquid glue (2 oz)
- Art Glitter liquid glue (4 oz)
- Metal tips for liquid glue
- Acrylic Stamp Blocks
- Embossing folder – Diamond Plate
- Gift Card slots & sentiments
- Gift Card slots (alternate version)
- Stainless Steel 12″ ruler
- Mini Scoring Board
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (Amazon)
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (Scrapbook.com)
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (SSS)
- Black & White Stripes paper pad
- Tim Holtz Craft Shears – Small
- 3M Foam Tape
- Reverse tweezers
Note: This post may contain affiliate links so that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. This helps me buy more products so I can do more tutorials! I only recommend products I use myself and enjoy. Thank you for shopping with these vendors when you can. 😘
Also, if you visit a store and what you want is out of stock, be sure and ask to be notified by email when the item is back in stock. It’s usually quite quick and always worth the wait. 😉
Thanks for watching!
Remember, if mailing a card with layers and embellishments in the United States, be sure and buy “non-machinable” postage so your cards don’t get smooshed in the USPS postal machines.
If you try this technique, be sure and share your artwork with us on the @ladymichellecreates Facebook page.
Thanks for spending time with me!
Blessings & Hugs,