I do believe that ink smooshing is my most favorite technique to make backgrounds. Each one is perfectly unique and they can be used in so many ways. Today’s project includes 4 card designs with 3 color combos. These cards could be used for just about any occasion.
If you enjoyed this video and would like to see more tutorials, please visit my YouTube channel here: LadyMichelleCreates.
If you haven’t already, when you’re visiting my Youtube channel, be sure to subscribe and click the notification bell so you’ll know every time I upload a video. Thanks!
- Distress Ink – Crackling Campfire
- Distress Ink – Scattered Straw
- Distress Ink – Peeled Paint
- Distress Oxide – Faded Jeans
- Distress Oxide – Tumbled Glass
- Distress Oxide – Stormy Sky
- Non-stick work surface
- Watercolor Paper
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Bottle (w/plain water)
- Wagner Heat Tool
- Background Stamp – MFT Harmonious Hibiscus
- MISTI Stamping Tool
- Purple Tape
- Baby Powder as anti-static
- Cotman ¾” Mop Brush
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Wow! Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder
- Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
- Wow! Clear embossing powder
- Deli Wrap Sheets
- Foil/Metallic cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Cardstock
- Spellbinders Platinum 6 Manual Die Cutting Machine (my favorite machine)
- Simon Says Stamp die set – Happy Birthday Brush Script
- Simon Says Stamp die set – Thank You
- Simon Says Stamp die set – Love You
- Hero Arts die set – Thinking of You
- Neenah Classic Crest 110# Cardstock (25 sheet pack) (card base & sentiment)
- Neenah Classic Crest 110# Cardstock (125 sheet pack)
- Black cardstock
- Tonic Retractable Pick Tool
- Waffleflower A2 Layers Die
- Multi Medium Matte liquid glue
- Metal tips for liquid glue
- Elmer’s Craft Bond spray adhesive
- Black craft foam
- Acrylic Stamp Blocks
- Mini Scoring Board
- Teflon Bone Folder
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3M Foam Tape
- X-Acto knife
- Tim Holtz small serrated scissors
- Gina K Designs Connect liquid glue
- Gina K Designs dot runner
- 3D Foam Squares
- Marvy Uchida Jewel Picker
- Simon Says Stamp Blue Lagoon sequins
- Simon Says Stamp Rainbow Party sequins
Note: This post may contain affiliate links so that, at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission. This helps me buy more products so I can do more tutorials! I only recommend products I use myself and enjoy. Thank you for shopping with these vendors when you can. 😘
Thanks for watching!
Remember, if mailing a card with layers and embellishments in the United States, be sure and buy “non-machinable” postage so your cards don’t get smooshed in the USPS postal machines.
If you try this technique, be sure and share your artwork with us on the @ladymichellecreates Facebook page.
Thanks for spending time with me!
Blessings & Hugs,