When I play with a new technique or idea, I end up with LOTS of trial and error pieces. Some I like, some… not so much. But, I can’t throw them out (unless of course they really are hideous and I couldn’t handle someone seeing such awful art) so I save them, and save them, and save them… well, you get the picture.
Below is just a FEW of the beautiful pieces that resulted from my Lindy’s Stamp Gang, Starburst Sprays session. I absolutely adore the colors and the sparkle, obviously.
After goofing around with different shapes and layouts, these are the cards I ended up with. They were all incredibly easy and used very few supplies.
So now, it’s time to use all of those practice background pieces that accumulate while trying out new products. In the video, I demonstrate just a few easy ways to make beautiful cards out of leftovers.
SUPPLIES USED FOR THIS PROJECT
Neenah Classic Crest, Solar White 110#
– 25 Pack
– 250 Pack
Gina K. Designs card stock
– Heavy base weight Black Onyx
– Penny Black – Many Thanks
– Avery Elle – With Sympathy
– Lawn Fawn – Stitched Hillside Borders
– Spellbinders A-2 Matting Basics rectangles
– Spellbinders Small Rectangles
– Sizzix Dotted Squares
– Spell Binder Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine
– Studio Katia clear round drops
– Ranger multi-medium matte glue
– Scotch ATG tape gun
– 3M Foam tape
– Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
– Xyron Create a Sticker – small
– Micropore Tape
– Darice Ultrafine Tip Applicator Bottles (tips only)
MISC. TOOLS & SUPPLIES
– Tim Holtz retractable craft pick
– Marvy Jewel Picker tool
– Tim Holtz Tonic 9.5 ” craft shears
– Non-stick craft sheet
– Lindy’s Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays
Please note: I’m not currently affiliated with any retailer. I am providing links for your convenience to places where I purchase my supplies. I’m sure there are many places to buy these products. Please try and support local and small businesses as often as you can.
One thought on “Ideas for all those practice background pieces”
Thanks for shaaring this